MSW, RN, MFT, OT, Gerontologist – Care Manager Position Available
Peninsula and Santa Clara Full and Part-Time Positions Now Open
Sage Eldercare Services (SES) provides compassionate, superior service to clients. Since 2001, SES has dedicated itself to creating solutions that promote quality of care and quality of life for older adults. Our team of professionals, including nurses, social workers, and gerontologists, are problem solvers, advocates, service coordinators, and counselors. With an established professional network, we have an intimate knowledge of resources and facilities in the community. Our understanding of aging related issues enables our team members to best serve the interest needs of our clients and family members.
As a care manager in the Sage Eldercare team, your responsibilities will include:
- Conduct comprehensive in-home assessments and draft written summaries of findings to provide to clients and/or families within two days of assessment.
- Develop goal oriented written care plans within a week of the initial meeting with client, and provide to client and/or family.
- Implement various components of the care plan and update care plan on a regular basis, as appropriate
- Negotiate family dynamics to implement care plan
- Communicate regularly with family members and appropriate professionals
- Cultivate and maintain extensive knowledge of community resources available to older adults
- Provide ongoing training and supervision of in-home caregivers
- Collaborate with professionals and advocate for clients’ needs
- MSW, RN, MFT, MA Gerontology, MA Psychology or MA Occupational Therapy
- Experience in care or case management
- Availability all weekdays and some evening/weekend on call rotation
- Knowledge of local eldercare resources (preferred)
- Experience working with mental health issues and coordinating services for clients with mental illness
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Valid California driver’s license, insurance, car
To take the next step, please send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to 415-775-1035. Include “Care Manager – Peninsula” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Sage Eldercare Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.