Are you a passionate, talented care provider focused on your professional development while making a positive difference for your clients? Sage Eldercare is hiring, and we invite you to apply to join our team of committed, enthusiastic, and creative individuals. Sage Eldercare Solutions specializes in and is committed to exceptional “care management led home care.” We focus on the specific detailed needs and life joys of each and every one of our clients. We pride ourselves on our desire and dedication to providing the most individualized care to each client. Sage Eldercare personal care attendants play a crucial role as team members in providing comprehensive eldercare services to help keep older adults as safe, independent, and as well as possible.
- Completion of a CNA or CNHA Certification and/or 2 years aide experience.
- Ability to read and follow instructions; communicates clearly; writes legibly.
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently.
- Patience and empathy for the ill, injured, frail and those with disabilities.
- Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligations.
- Practices good personal hygiene.
- Demonstrates good observational skills and sound judgment.
- Experience with and/ or demonstrated knowledge of Plans of Care.
- Has satisfactory report of pre-employment physical.
- Complies with legal documentation for work.
- A minimum of three references from existing or prior care attendant employers.
Summary of Job Responsibilities
The Personal Care Attendant may work under a supervised plan of care or with appropriate supervision to assist the client and family in providing homemaking and personal care services.
Responsibilities of the Personal Care Attendant include, but are not limited to, the following and are provided in accordance with the Plan of Care:
1. Provides housekeeping, home management, and laundry to maintain a safe environment.
2. Assists and/or provides all aspects of personal care including bathing, dressing, oral hygiene, hair care, and shaving.
3. Assists and supports clients with ambulation and transfers as needed.
4. Helps with specialized assistive devices, e.g., hoyer lift, board, etc.
5. Assists with prescribed exercises and rehabilitation.
6. Assists with toileting as needed.
7. Prepares meals, planning, and shopping for regular and specialized diets.
8. Assists with eating.
9. Observes and reports intake of fluids and food and frequency of elimination if indicated.
10. Assists clients with and monitoring the safe use of oxygen.
11. Assists with medications that are self-administered.
12. Observes and monitors the client’s condition, notifying Case Management staff of any significant change in client’s status.
13. Makes daily log entries.
14. Completes time sheets as required.
15. Attend trainings as required.
16. Complies with Sage Eldercare’s Policies and Procedures.
1. Community and home (client residence) environment.
2. Exposure to infectious diseases.
3. In and out of automobile or public transportation, if applicable.
Continuing Education Requirements
Personal Care Attendant is expected to participate in appropriate trainings as requested and/ or required by Sage Eldercare.
Sage Eldercare Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. This is a non-exempt, hourly position.