Dementia Care Resources
Many of our eldercare experts have devoted their careers to dementia care. To learn more about the best practices and forward thinking that have informed our Dementia Care Philosophy, please see:
- Teepa Snow’s Positive Approach
- Virginia Bell and David Troxel’s Best Friends Approach
- John Zeisel’s “I’m Still Here”
- Naomi Feil’s “Validation Therapy”
- Thomas Kitwood’s “Dementia Reconsidered”
- Bill Thomas’ “Culture Change”
- Anne Davis Bastings’ “Forget Memory”
- Allen Power’s “Dementia Beyond Drugs”
National Alzheimer’s Association
Tips and resources for caregivers and individuals with Alzheimer’s, answers to frequently asked questions, referrals to support groups, and information on the latest research.
Assisted Living Federation of America
Learn about long term care options and find an assisted living community.
Aging Life Care Association
Membership organization that provides educational and resource information to both caregivers and professionals
National Alliance for Caregiving
Resources for caregivers, how to identify burnout and steps to take.
Medicare’s official website has an interactive database that includes detailed information on Medicare’s health plan options.
National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
Information to assist lawyers and online referral directory of attorneys who specialize in elder law.
Department of Veteran affairs
Eligibility for benefits and online application for services